As I mentioned on my last entry, Gray Peak and the Moon, I had some issues with my 300mm lens. Once the moon was farther away, I switched to my 70-200 so I could capture Mt. Clark, Gray Peak and Mt. Starr King, and of course the moon.
Probably my last image from my latest trip up to Glacier Point. This was earlier then the other sunset picture I posted a few weeks ago: Storm Clouds and Sunset at Glacier Point.
I wanted to photograph the moon the day before the full moon. This way the moon could be visible in the daylight, as well as the surrounding landscape. Unfortunately, there was a afternoon storm over Glacier Point, so no moon that afternoon. The sunset made for some nice colors though!
Since Saturday was going to be another full moon, I thought I’d drive up to Glacier Point on Friday afternoon to photograph the moon while it was daylight. By my calculations, the moon would be nearly behind Mount Florence as it rose. The only problem was the weather; the forecast called for 20% showers in
It seemed like the focus this afternoon was going to be Half Dome with the impending sunset. Still, I kept looking for other photo opportunities. I liked the way the light was over Vogelsang Peak and the clouds to the right, so I switched lenses to zoom in for a better view.
It’s now round two! Going through my recent photos from my Yosemite trip from a few weeks ago. This was one of the first photos I took when I first got to Glacier Point. Sunset was still about 45 minutes away, but I really liked the “electric clouds” here. I liked the colors here, but
I was done photographing the sunset at Glacier Point. I was just standing there and one of the tourists asked me if I were waiting for the moon. Honestly, I forgot and I really had no intention of staying. I figured by the time the moon showed up, it would be completely dark. So I
I had an opportunity to meet a local (Atwater) photographer and spend the whole day shooting and talking. I wanted to stick around town, maybe Hornitos, Lake Yosemite or San Luis NWR. Unfortunately we couldn’t come to an agreement, so I reluctantly (seriously) suggested Yosemite. I said reluctantly because I new it was going to