I recently found most of my plastic airplane models in a box in the shed. Most of them have some damage, like broken landing gears, propellers etc. Some of the broken parts are missing. After 35+ years, my Revell’s 1/32 scale Sopwith Camel is 100% intact. I used a strand of wire to add the rigging, and those are still intact. So while I wait until buying some plastic cement to fix the broken ones, I setup a “studio” in the back yard to photograph them.
I wanted to try an make them as real as possible. I’m using a piece of roofing material as my runway. It gives it a gravel look. In this session, I’m using my Canon 5D and my “nifty-fifty” 50mm lens. Since I don’t own a macro lens, I’m using my Kenko extension tubes (12mm, 20mm, 35mm), but mainly the 20mm. I’m using a tripod and I waited until the late afternoon, so I can use the sun as it sets, but I also used a silver reflector for fill-light.
The first picture is my crude setup. You can see I used a trash can and a plastic container so I didn’t have to sit on the ground. On the second photo, I put a quarter beside the model to give it some scale. Hope you enjoy them!
I converted most of the color pictures to black and white, and I will post those at a later date.